Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Pages

7.24.2012

[chloe]

Beginning in my college photo courses, I had been introduced to Sally Mann, who, to this day remains my absolute photography hero.  Along with Keith Carter,  (who I had the honor of meeting during his talk at Fredonia with my very good friend Kristen, both of us gripping our favorite Carter volumes and nervously requesting an autograph), Mann's work has enchanted me, and so often, when I can put vivid color aside for a moment, I try to find ways to shoot like her.  Her photos of her children in particular are heartstopping, especially the pictures of her youngest, Virginia.  Looking at my photos of Chloe from our most recent shoot, I was really feeling the Sally Mann vibe.  Chloe has an old soul for sure....an inner intelligence that can be seen in her eyes, despite her small stature....similar to what I feel looking at Mann's work.  I highly recommend you check out the documentary film by PBS, which you can find on Youtube- Sally Mann: What Remains.


By the way, this is the same Chloe from last year...so much changes in a short time!



cge.0137


cge.0160-Edit


cge.0177


cge.0186


cge.0190-Edit


cge.0111


cge.0100


cge.0135


cge.0174

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments: