Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Pages

10.18.2010

[Kelly and Mike, the wedding]



At nearly every wedding I photograph, I marvel over the closeness of family, the happiness of the day and the beginning of new family, and how much this all means to the couple in the spotlight.  Yet I have never before been a part of a wedding that comes close to the meaning that this one held for Kelly and Mike.
I photographed their engagement session nearly a year ago, and shortly thereafter, Mike fell gravely ill.  Since then it has been nothing but an uphill battle, and after much time on the path to recovery, Mike is now the picture of health.  I truly did not know what to expect for the wedding day (I kept finding myself thinking about it while say, driving to work and choking back tears), but there were far fewer tears than I expected. Rather, the day was purely euphoric and a perfect beginning to their next chapter in life.


kellymike.0006

Too true.

Throughout all of this, Kelly was a pillar of strength.  Each time I corresponded with her, she was so positive and enthusiastic about the day...I have to admit this whole experience really made me think about life a little differently, and how even the small bits of time we can enjoy with one another are so very important...

kellymike.0046

And Mike, looking positively dapper, is also one of the most resilient people I have ever met. Nothing was going to deter him from having the best day ever.

kellymike.0139



kellymike.0200



kellymike.0209



kellymike.0218

I just love this image- "we've made it at last!"

kellymike.0281


kellymike.0350


"Talking Woody doll if you smile for the picture!"  I love a good bribe :)

kellymike.0366

Kelly and Mike wanted nature for their photos, and Nature they received.  We went out to Tifft for some pictures, and the autumn light could not have been more incredible....

kellymike.0382


kellymike.0444


kellymike.0497


kellymike.0517

Pearl Street reception and Lego people!  Does this day ever stop being so perfect?!

kellymike.0544


kellymike.0586

During the speeches, it all hit home a little bit, but that didn't stop the rest of the evening from being the mot spectacular night....nearly everyone was out on the dancefloor, and it was one of those types of parties where I seriously wanted to ditch my camera and jump right in!

kellymike.0611



kellymike.0620



kellymike.0646



kellymike.0802

I am so thankful that I could have been part of something so profoundly important.  This is really why I photograph weddings....for certain, they satisfy my cravings for visual stimulation, but when it comes down to it, i really fall in love with my subjects, and their families and friends...and just a little bit, it reminds me of how important my own family is to me.  Thanks guys, for allowing me to be a part of your day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Beautiful job! I love the one of his hand on her waist/hip. :)